How to Get in Touch with Us
1. Make Your Appointment Online
Visit the website www.physiciansandmidwives.com to book your appointment online 24/7.
2. Our Patient Web Portal Provides Fast and Secure Access to Your Health Information
Ask a staff member to learn more about the online patient portal
or visit: www.physiciansandmidwives.com/portal
With your busy life, it can be hard to stay on top of your health care—even though it’s the most important thing of all. Our online patient portal allows you to communicate with us easily and safely—according to your schedule.
You will receive an email invitation to join our online patient portal. Using your own secure account, you can log into the online patient portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the comfort and privacy of your own home or office.
The Physicians and Midwives Patient Portal allows you to;
- Request prescriptions and refills
- View and make appointments
- View billing statements and balance
- Review your lab results
- Make secure credit card payments
- Communicate with your provider
- View personal health information
- Browse health facts and information
- Update demographic information
3. Call us at 703-370-4300
- Press 1 to make an appointment
- Press 2 for refills
- Press 3 for lab results
- Press 4 for the advice line (see page 5 for more information)
- Press 5 for office information
- Press 8 if you think you are in labor (see page 41 for more information)
When Should I Use the Patient Portal or Call the Advice Line?
If you have a question or concern that is not an emergency, but you do not want to wait until you next appointment….
- Explore the tabs of the app, many of your questions can be answered
- If you cannot find the answer in this app, you can
- Send your question to our patient portal 24/7. The advice nurse will respond during business hours.
- Call us at 703-370-4300 and select option 4. Leave a message for the advice nurse and she will return your call during business hours.
- You can also make an appointment to be seen in the office by booking online at our website physiciansandmidwives.com or by calling 703-370-4300. We guarantee same day or next day appointments.
*Keep in mind, when you call we want to speak with you directly to better triage your situation.
When Should I Call the Emergency Line?
THE LABOR/EMERGENCY LINE
If you are in LABOR or have an EMERGENCY, please call 703-370-4300.
Choose to the selection “to speak to a midwife at the hospital press 8”
The midwife will want to speak with the patient directly to get a more accurate understanding of the reason for the call.
- Labor (see LABOR & BIRTH > AM I REALLY IN LABOR)
- Preterm Labor (see PREGNANCY > WARNING SIGNS > PRETERM LABOR)
- Leaking of Fluid (see LABOR & BIRTH > PRE-LABOR > BAG OF WATERS OR AMNIOTIC SAC)
- Decreased fetal movement
- Vaginal bleeding (see PREGNANCY > WARNING SIGNS > WARNING SIGNS)
- Persistent vomiting (5x per day if office is closed) – (see PREGNANCY > WARNING SIGNS > WARNING SIGNS)
- Fall or a car accident (see PREGNANCY > WARNING SIGNS > WARNING SIGNS)
- Fainting (see PREGNANCY > WARNING SIGNS > WARNING SIGNS)
- Fever that does not resolve (see PREGNANCY > WARNING SIGNS > WARNING SIGNS)